FIRST TIME TIPS
If you are new to our studio, WELCOME, we're glad you've come.Here are some tips to help you out!
- As with any exercise program, it is always a good idea to consult your doctor prior to beginning something new.
- Beginners are welcome to all of our classes. You will be taught proper alignment and breathing in every class.
- Enter quietly and remove your shoes and turn off your cell phone before entering the yoga studio. We have cubbies right outside of our yoga room for you to place your belongings.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early for class. Allow time to get settled in the room.
- If you are brand new, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the teacher and mention any injuries or conditions that you are currently experiencing.
- Abandon the competitive mindset. Be where you are and be kind and loving to yourself. Even though some classes may have a variety of people with different skill levels in them, you should work at a pace that is appropriate for you. Start with setting an intention, the practice is not about judging yourself or others, remind yourself why you chose to come and be present in the moment.
- Bring your own mat and props.
- Be prepared to practice barefoot with loose/stretchy comfortable clothes for all classes.
- For your comfort do not eat a large meal 2 hours prior to a class.
- Use any available time before class to breathe and meditate, respecting those around you.
- Listen to your body.
- At the end of practice we practice Savasana, a deeply relaxing pose that resets the body and mind. This may be one of the most challenging and important poses of the class. Enjoy it and try to notice where you are in the present moment
- Come back to see us time and time again. Yoga builds on itself, and you'll see how much better you feel, how your posture will change, and your mind become more at ease.
*Please call ahead or check our Facebook page, Karma Yoga & Hot Yoga Studio, for inclement weather, instructor changes and last minute cancellations.